We all know cell phones can be problematic at times, so if you find yourself having any issues with your MyRepChat app on your mobile phone, here are some troubleshooting tips that will typically get those issues resolved.
1. Make sure you are updating your Operating System frequently. If any freezing or otherwise disabled functionality occurs, check to see that your OS is updated.
2. Make sure you are using the most current version of our app. We are consistently making improvements so new versions come out regularly. If any usability issues occur, you may need to delete the app completely from your phone and go into your app store to download the newest version. Don't worry, none of your information in your MyRepChat account will be lost when doing this.
3. Often a simple reboot of your phone will fix usability issues as well--simply turn your phone completely off, wait about 10 seconds, and turn back on. This simple act solves a lot of mobile phone app issues.
4. Mobile phone age. Yes this does matter. Older smart phones may not support the newest app and phone updates past a certain age. If you notice other apps crashing or otherwise acting "funny", or you can't access the latest updates or app versions, it may be time to obtain a new mobile phone.
5. You can message yourself within our app so if you want to check if something is working you can run a variety of "tests" using your own mobile number. Send yourself a message, schedule a message to be sent to your number, text yourself your VCard, media, etc. That way you can see the aesthetics that your client sees, the time certain tasks may take to send, and the different send/receive stages on both ends.
6. Refresh the app. Either close it out completely and re-open it, or log out and log back in. Again, another quick and easy tip that solves a lot of usability issues.
If after trying all these things you are still experiencing usability issues or receive any kind of an error message, please reach out to us right away and let us know. From the Dashboard click on Support to submit a support ticket or reach out to us via phone.
Please sign in to leave a comment.