A good way to learn how to navigate our MyRepChat website and mobile app is to go through this checklist and perform these activities. Once you're done with this list, you're practically a pro! And of course, don't hesitate to reach out to us anytime with additional questions or needs. The best way to begin is by watching a demo from our main website: https://www.ionlake.com/demo/
1. Sign up:
- Either use the link and signup code your group provided, refer to your group admin.
- If not part of a group, go to myrepchat.com to sign up.
- From there out website will walk you through step-by-step how to choose a user name and password, and logging in for the first time.
2. Log in:
- Once signed up, log in to your new account to continue the signup process.
- You will be asked for your contact details and some other information.
3. Choose your MyRepChat number:
- This is where you choose a new dedicated number from our number picker with the area code of your choice OR you can enter your landline number to be text-enabled.
- (Please note--text enabling a landline will have a few more steps and take a little more time but don't worry we'll walk you through it, step-by-step.)
- You will also be prompted to enter the number you want your MyRepChat calls forwarded to (i.e. your mobile or landline number. This is seamless to the client.
4. Send a message:
- Once you've finished the sign up process and chosen your MyRepChat number to use, you can now begin using our service to send text messages to your contacts, either on our website or the mobile app.
- We recommend texting yourself or a colleague first to try it out and see how it looks on the receiving end. See these articles
5. Choose Add Ons:
- We have various add on features you can select to customize your MyRepChat account to your needs.
6. Create VCard:
- From the Dashboard go to Settings--Profile--Personal Details (VCard). There, you can upload your professional portrait and fill in your contact info.
- This you can attach to any text you want. Don't forget to click Save when you are finished.
7. Connect your CRM:
- We integrate with many different CRMs and this is a simple process designed to bring over your chosen contacts to MyRepChat which will then record those communications back over in your CRM under those contacts in notes.
- Please note--simply creating a contact in MyRepChat by scratch and not searching them from your CRM will NOT record those notes under that contact if they exist in your CRM. They must be searched first in MRC from your CRM.
8. Set up billing:
- You'll want to enter this information in order to continue your service after your free trial has ended, or if your group doesn't offer a trial, to get your service activated.
- To do this go to Settings--Add-Ons and Billing--Billing Management to add your payment method.