Here are some best-practices and tips for introducing texting to your clients:
1. Send some test messages to co-workers and yourself.
Before you start texting your clients with MyRepChat, it may be a good idea to try it out for yourself by texting your own mobile phone or colleagues.
2. Explanatory email
It may be helpful to mail out a letter or send an email to clients telling them about your texting capability and any action that they may need to take (positive consent).
- Explain that you have new business texting capabilities and inform them of the phone number.
- Advise them they will be receiving a text from you in the near future.
- If your Broker Dealer requires positive consent be acquired, advise them to text your MyRepChat number the word 'Accept'.
- Request that they save your MyRepChat number under a separate contact record for you in their phone as your "mobile number" for future texting purposes.
3. Add your clients as contacts in MyRepChat
- If you use a CRM, you can add contacts by searching your CRM. Then click on each contact to add them to MyRepChat.
- If you do not use a CRM, you can create a new contact manually or upload a CSV file.
- Once a contact is imported or created they are saved on our platform.
4. Start texting!
Choose a client and send them a text from MyRepChat.
- Start in Messages and click "Compose Message"
- Search for the contact and select them from search results.
- Type a message and send. That's all there is to it!
Please sign in to leave a comment.