At last, with MyRepChat, you can text your clients AND be compliant.
But, you may ask, "How do I introduce this new value-add to my clients in a way that is easy to understand?"
We get this question quite frequently, so here are some best-practice suggestions and tips for making this transition simple and seamless to the client.
(***These are only suggestions, of course you are free to coach your clients to our service in whatever fashion you feel fits your clients' needs.***)
1. Send some test messages to co-workers and yourself.
Before you start texting your clients with MyRepChat, it may be a good idea to try it out for yourself by texting your own mobile phone, colleagues, etc., see what it looks like and get the feel of how it works.
2. Blast communication.
Once you want to start texting them, it may be helpful to mail out a letter or send an email blast out to those clients you know would like to text with you, and explain our service that you will be using and why.
- Explain your choice to have them text your office line or the new number you picked from us, and that this is now dedicated to business-related texting communications.
- Advise them they will be receiving a text from you in the near future.
- Inform them of the number.
- If your Broker Dealer requires positive consent be acquired, advise them to text your MyRepChat number the word 'Accept'.
- Request that they save your MyRepChat number under your contact record in their phone as your "mobile number" for future texting purposes.
3. Learn the basics
- Make sure you learn the basics of our system until you feel comfortable before starting to text.
- Please check out our Support and Training section in your account for many articles and videos on all of the different features and benefits of MyRepChat in order to familiarize yourself with our site.
- Also, you can download our mobile app from your app store on your mobile phone to take our service with you on the go.
- Be sure you familiarize yourself with our mobile app as well
- It's very similar to the web version of MyRepChat, but the aesthetics are slightly different to optimize mobile app functionality.
4. Start bringing your clients over to MyRepChat by doing a search.
When in our web or mobile app, if connected to a CRM, you bring a contact over to our platform by searching them.
- You can search by group name or individual name, we will check your CRM and find anyone/group that matches.
- Select the contact or group.
- If you do not use a CRM, then you can create them from scratch or upload a CSV file.
- Once a contact is imported or created they are saved on our platform.
5. Start texting!
Choose a client you know would love to be able to text with you business-related communications and send them a text from MyRepChat.
- Start in Messages and click "Compose Message"
- Search for the contact and select them from search results.
- Type a message and send. That's all there is to it!
Of course at any time if you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us via our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on our Support line at 844-402-2401. We appreciate your business!