The SPID is the texting or SMS/MMS portion of the phone line. (The line carries both voice and data services.) You need to ask your carrier to “release the SPID” so that MyRepChat can provide our services on the texting portion of the line. Your voice services stay intact and are not impacted.
If your carrier is not familiar with this process or does not understand the terms "SPID" or "NNID", please contact MyRepChat support at 844.402.2401 or email@example.com for further assistance.
Instructions to “release the SPID”:
- Call your carrier and tell them you want to transfer your texting/SMS traffic to Twilio.
- File a request to delete the existing SMS Routing Profile (aka “SPID” or “NNID”) on the number.
- After confirming that the SPID is released, please email MyRepChat support at firstname.lastname@example.org with the approximate date when the SPID was released. Our Support team will contact you to complete the verification call.
- Also once the SPID is released you can log back into your account, choose text enable an existing landline and proceed with the onscreen instructions including completing the LOA.
- After the LOA is received it can take up to 10 days for text routing change to take effect and complete your MyRepChat account setup.
- Each carrier has a different process to release the SPID - some will release the 'NNID' instead.
- They may provide a confirmation number or they may provide an LOA document to give to our carrier to facilitate the change.
- It generally takes 5-10 days after the SPID release to access the routing on the line.