The SPID is the texting or SMS/MMS portion of the phone number. You need to ask your carrier to “release the SPID” so that MyRepChat can provide our services on the texting portion of the line. Your voice services stay intact and are not impacted. If your carrier is not familiar with this process, or does not understand what the 'SPID' or ‘NNID’ is, please contact MyRepChat support at 844.402.2401 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Instructions to “release the SPID”:
- Call your carrier and tell them you want to transfer your texting/SMS traffic to Twilio.
- File a request to delete the existing SMS Routing Profile (aka “eSPID” or “NNID”) on the number.
- After confirming that the SPID is released email MyRepChat support at email@example.com with the approximate date when the SPID was released.
- Each carrier has a different process to release the SPID - some will release the 'NNID' instead.
- They may provide a confirmation number or they may provide an LOA document to give to our carrier to facilitate the change.
- It generally takes 5-10 days after the SPID release to access the routing on the line.