Integrating with Zoho allows you to import your contacts into MyRepChat and lets MyRepChat add notes in your contacts profile within Zoho.
*See CRM Integrations for generic CRM integration features and behavior.
Set up Integration:
To set up the integration, from the Dashboard, go to Settings, click on Integrations-->Connect to CRM.
From there you will scroll down and click on the Zoho box:
A secondary section will appear:
To begin the integration, click the blue 'Connect' button and you will be redirected to the Zoho login page.
Log in to Zoho and accept MyRepChat to be able to access your Zoho data. We ask for 'offline' access in order to send notes to Zoho. Once you've accepted MyRepChat to access your data you'll be redirected back.
Choose when to send MyRepChat messages to Zoho. 'Daily' will send messages overnight for the previous day in one 'conversation' per contact. 'Real Time' will send each message individually in real time.
Choose where to send message to Zoho. Messages can added as Zoho 'Notes' or as an Activity (either 'Task' or 'Call') for the contact or lead.
Click 'Save'. Note: You can save settings before or after you click 'Connect' to log in.
To make sure your configuration is ready to go, click 'Test'. A black bar will appear at the bottom with a status message.
Zoho API Rate Limiting
Zoho does charge for API access over a certain limit. Each API call costs 'credits' that are deducted. Depending on your account type, you start out with so many credits. It's very unlikely MyRepChat usage will cause any overages on your account, but the API calls we make do reduce your available credits. You can see your usage by logging into Zoho and going to Developer Space - APIs - Usage tab.
- A search costs 2 credits (search against Contacts and Leads
- Sending a note costs 2 credits.
- Testing the integration costs 1 credit.
As you might expect, each CRM is different for search behavior and may have limitations. These are search behaviors specific to Zoho:
- For contacts, a search of all numbers will search perform a phone search against the following phone fields in Zoho: Mobile, Phone, Home Phone, Other Phone, Asst Phone, and Fax fields.
- For leads, a search of all numbers will search perform a phone search against the following phone fields in Zoho: Mobile, Phone, Fax.
- We highly recommend having the Messaging Number as the 'Mobile' field as that's the field that is prioritized for texting. Otherwise it will set the messaging number in the priority of the list above. You can manually set the Messaging Number within MRC to override this behavior.
- Zoho stores phone numbers how they are entered and does not provide a way for us to search phone numbers in a normalized way so we try several formats. If the phone numbers are not entered in Zoho in one of these formats, MyRepChat will not find the contact.
- We try the following formats:
- xxxyyyzzzz (no punctuation)
- If the search is not a full 10 digit number, we'll try
- And we'll try whatever you type in the search as well, so if you have saved a different format at type exactly that format, MyRepChat will find it.
- We try the following formats:
- Name searches with no spaces will search if your entry is contained in either the first or last name fields.
- Name searches with a space will search the first name before the space and last name after the space.
- Search looks at both 'Contacts' and 'Leads'.
- The 'Group' search looks at Zoho 'Tags' and is case insensitive and will be returned if the text entered is contained in the Tag name.