MyRepChat is a texting platform designed primarily as a tool for compliant texting communications to clients that can be monitored and/or archived.
Texting takes place between one text capable number to another, not a contact, therefore our platform uses a phone number based system.
If you have the same number tied to more than one contact, then any communication sent to that number will show up in your messages log for each contact that the number is associated with.
Make not that ONLY the person in physical possession of the phone with the number you texted will receive that text. But as MyRepChat is numbers based a record will be created visually for any and all texting communications involved with a particular number.
In our example below you can see that one number tied to three people.
Next, we will send a text to that number, but because this number is tied to 3 contact records, visually it looks like the message sent to three contacts.
This is what it would like on your "Messages" screen if you sent one text but more that one person was tied to that number:
Each contact will look like it received the exact same messages as the other two contacts. However, only the person with the physical phone tied to the number will receive your message.
NOTE: If you are required to send out positive consent ~ the positive consent message will only go out to the number you created a message to.
However, there are ways to eliminate this potential visual confusion.
- It's always best to do some housekeeping in your CRM first. Larger client lists and years of CRM use are bound to create typos, errors, duplicates, and misplaced information. If you see the above scenario occur, please go into your CRM under that particular phone number and cleanup the associated contact records for cleaner texting experience.
- In addition, you can go into MyRepChat and only have one number for texting for each contact record. This will ensure that the appearance of multiple texts in the messages field will not occur.
- In addition, make sure that you if you use a CRM that you are only bringing contacts over to MyRepChat from your CRM rather creating them in MRC from scratch.
- If you manually create contacts and bring that same contact over from your CRM duplicates can occur, and thus the potential for duplicate communications in your messages feed.
- Lastly, if you are creating a contact in MRC only rather than pulling them over from your CRM be aware that those communications will not sync back as notes in your CRM for that contact.
- So it is imperative if you use a CRM and want communications done in MRC to record over as notes under that contact in your CRM, that you bring that contact into MRC first and only from your CRM.
For additional support, please see our Support and Training section in the lower left of your Dashboard for more information and training videos/articles, or reach out to our support staff Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm CST at 844-402-2401.