There are several stages that a text message can be in for inbound and outbound messages.
Below are the statuses we receive from our texting provider to indicate the stage of inbound and outbound messages. 'Queued' and 'Received' are usually the initial stages, and then we receive updates from our texting provider when the message transitions to other stages.
Outbound Message Stages:
- Queued - The message has been sent by MyRepChat and received by our texting provider, and the message is queued to be sent to the contact's phone carrier. This is a temporary state and should be updated once the message is sent to the carrier.
- Sent - The message has been sent to the carrier. This is not necessarily auto-synced so you may see the initial state as 'queued' and sometime later a refresh moves it to sent/delivered.
- Delivered - The message has been accepted by the carrier and the carrier notified us that the message was accepted. (This doesn't happen 100% of the time, depending on the carrier).
Error Message Stages:
- Failed - Our provider couldn't send the message. This might be due to unsupported content or some other issue on our side.
- Undelivered - Our provider sent the message but the carrier rejected it. This might be due to carrier specific constraints (filtering, etc).
*Please note--if your firm requires Positive Consent and those requirements have not been fulfilled, messages sent to clients who have not consented will NOT be received.
Inbound Message Stage:
- Received - The message has been received by us and processed. Note: This is not a 'read receipt' but simply that we've received the message. By the time the user sees a message, it will already be in this state.