Through MyRepChat you can receive inbound and make outbound calls to your MyRepChat contacts. Most MyRepChat accounts have picked a new number and some are ‘hosted sms’.
*If you have text enabled an office landline or VoIP line, that is 'hosted sms' and the calling experience is different related to the Caller ID and voicemail. See articles on ‘Hosted SMS’.
This article is about the inbound call experience for users with a new number from MyRepChat.
The Voice Add-On feature can be enabled to manage the Caller ID and voicemail experience. Without the Voice-Add on, Caller ID and voicemail are represented by the cell phone rather than MyRepChat.
Inbound Call Experience: When your contact calls your new MyRepChat number
- We will forward the call to your Mobile Phone; you will answer the call on the mobile phone device.
- The caller ID on your mobile phone will show you the phone number of the caller. If you have a contact in your mobile phone with this number, your mobile phone will most likely display that contact's name.
- If you have a CRM integration, MyRepChat will look for the number in the CRM to make a contact connection.
- The messages pane in MyRepChat will show a phone icon to indicate that there was an incoming call.
- If you have a CRM integration, and IF the incoming number is recognized by the CRM, a note for ‘incoming call’ will show in the CRM notes for that contact.
- When you answer the call you will be immediately connected to the caller.
Voicemail on MyRepChat is available with the Voice Add-on. If the Voice-Add on is disabled, the caller will be sent to the voicemail available on the cell phone.