NOTE: This article is not relevant to those who have text enabled their landline.
One of the features of MyRepChat voice calling is Greeting Messages.
The Voicemail section allows you to customize your own Voicemail message and unavailable message. Unavailable messages are only used if you enable voice availability.
Note: You will want to make sure that you have a mobile number set up as the 'Voice Number'. For more information on the Voice Add-On, see the document for 'Voice Add-On'
Setting up Greeting Messages:
Go into your account settings page-Settings->Add-ons and Billing - Voice Add-on - Be sure this is toggeled 'green' so that voice add-on is enabled. Once you confirm that Voice Add-On is enabled, got to 'Voice Mail' to create your greeting.
If you create an 'availability' schedule, you need to create a voicemail for 'unavailable' - it will not default to the standard voicemail.
To create a greeting message click on the "+Create Voice Mail" button. You will see a secondary section appear allowing you to choose which type of "Greeting" you would like to create - "voice mail" or "unavailable".
Once you have made your selection, click on the "Call Me" button. The number you have configured as your Mobile Number (above) will ring, when you answer it you will be prompted to record your message.
Once you have recorded your message click on the "chasing arrows" icon to refresh your list of "Greeting Messages".
You can now select your recording to listen to it. If you are unsatisfied with your message you can delete it and start over.
- "I am sorry I was unable to answer your call, please leave your name and number and I will give you a call back as soon as I can".
- "I am sorry I was unable to take your call. My office hours are Monday through Friday 8am - 5pm."
- "I apologize I missed your call. Note that I cannot execute any trade instructions given over voicemail."
- "We're sorry, you have called outside our regular business hours of 9am to 4 pm. Please leave a message at the tone or call back during our regular hours"
Things to know:
- If you do not set an a voicemail it will default to, ""The person you are trying to reach is not available, please leave a message after the tone".
- If you do not set up an unavailable message it will default to "The person you are trying to reach is not available, please leave a message after the tone".