NOTE: This article is not relevant to those who have text enabled their landline.
One of the features of MyRepChat voice calling is Greeting Messages.
The Greeting Messages section allows you to customize your own "Incoming Call" message as well as your own Voicemail.
Note: You will want to make sure that you have a voice number set up.
Setting up Greeting Messages:
Go into your account settings page (gear icon in upper right hand corner). Once you are in your account settings, scroll down to the "Greeting Messages" section.
To create a greeting message click on the "Create Greeting" button. You will see a secondary section appear allowing you to choose which type of "Greeting" you would like to create - "incoming" or "voicemail".
Once you have made your selection, click on the "Call Me" button. The number you have configured as your Voice Number will ring, when you answer it you will be prompted to record your message.
Once you have recorded your message click on the "chasing arrows" icon to refresh your list of "Greeting Messages".
You can now select your recording to listen to it. If you are unsatisfied with your message you can delete it and start over.
- "Thank you for calling the office of John Doe, I will answer your call shortly."
- "Thank you for waiting while your call is being connected to me. This call is being recorded."
- "Thank you for calling, while you wait to be connected, please note that I cannot execute any trade instructions via voicemail if I am unable to answer the call."
- "I am sorry I was unable to answer your call, please leave your name and number and I will give you a call back as soon as I can".
- "I am sorry I was unable to take your call. My office hours are Monday through Friday 8am - 5pm."
- "I apologize I missed your call. Note that I cannot execute any trade instructions given over voicemail."
Things to know:
- If you do not set up an incoming message we will use our default, "Please hold while we connect your call".
- If you do not set an a voicemail it will default to, ""The person you are trying to reach is not available, please leave a message after the tone".