There various reasons why a text message would fail to send.
Reason 1: Are you using a text-enabled landline?
- It does take about a day to get your number fully text-enabled from the time the request was put in.
- Make sure that you have fulfilled the following to get your landline enabled:
- Verified number via authentication call.
- Signed the Letter of Authorization (LOA)
You will be notified once your number is ready for use. Until you receive that confirmation email, your number will not be able to send/receive messages through MyRepChat.
Reason 2: Is your contact's mobile number set up correctly?
Go to the Contact record for the person you are trying to message.
In the phone numbers section you can add multiple mobile, office, fax, and other contact numbers by clicking on the "+Add Phone Number" button. Because you can have multiple mobile numbers, you will notice a "Use for Messaging" toggle below the text field where you enter in your phone number:
This toggle must be activated (to the right and filled in green) for a number to be used for texting, and only one number per contact can be assigned "Use for Messaging" status.
Once you have added your phone numbers and are done editing your contact, click "Ok" and then "Save Contact".
Reason 3: Your account is currently not in "Active" state.
If you are underneath a group, your group may have opted for new accounts to be placed in Review state.
If you are in Review state you will be able to do everything with the exception of sending messages.
From the Dashboard in the upper right you can see an area labeled Account Status and that will say Active if you are active or Review if you are in Review State. If in Review, please reach out to your group admin with any questions.
Other reasons for message failure:
1. The number you're texting cannot receive texts.
2. You or the receiver are in a "dead" area.
3. They have not responded 'Accept' if you are enrolled in Positive Consent.
4. They have opted out of texting by sending back the word 'Stop' initially to the Positive Consent text.
5. Something within the body of the text has tagged it in pre-review for your admin to review and approve of first before allowing the text to send.
6. The receiver has disconnected that number.
7. You used an invalid number.
8. You're sending a group text to a group larger than what your group administrator is allowing.
If NONE of these issues apply, then please Contact Us.