We are able to archive your data back to Smarsh using your archiving email address or token provided by Smarsh.*
You can set up Smarsh as your archiving solution by clicking on Settings from the Dashboard, then on 'Archives and Reports'--'Connect to Archiver', then this screen will pop up where you will scroll down and click on the 'Smarsh' box:
From here you will be prompted to enter in the archiving email address or token that Smarsh created for your MyRepChat account.
Once you have added your email or token in this area you will then enable the “Activate Archiving” toggle (so that it is to the right and filled in green). Then don't forget to click 'Save':
*If you haven’t yet created a specific archiving email address/token with Smarsh you will want to connect with their team to get one set up for you. If pricing is an issue please let us know so we can help!
Smarsh Specific Information
MRC uses a Smarsh specific API to send archive data.
- The Archive Layout uses the header/message/footer fields in the layout.
- Each Smarsh archive includes the full day (based on Archive Schedule)
- Unicode 11 emojis are supported. Prior to 09/2019, MRC supported only Unicode 8.
- At the time of this writing (10/2019) Smarsh looks to support Unicode 10. The main difference between Unicode 10 and 11 is how the gender specific emojis are handled and may include a male/female symbol after the standard emoji rather than the male/female specific emoji.
- MMS message include the actual image as an attachment.