MyRepChat is a platform for sms text messaging, and because of this, it will try to look for contacts in your CRM that meet certain criteria. Under most circumstances. CRM's vary drastically in how they send data back to MyRepChat, and because of this there is no one answer for all scenarios possible.
If you are not seeing contacts, go into your CRM and find these contacts and try to determine what part of the contacts is preventing it from showing up in MyRepChat... Is the mobile number stored as a work number? is the email address missing? is the name missing? etc...
Here are the general requirements that look for, for each contact:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number/Cell Phone Number
- Email Address (Required to schedule messages using Outlook add-in)
Here is a list of our current CRM's and what we ask from each:
- Salesforce (no restrictions)
- Hubspot (required: phone)
- Less Annoying CRM (required: first name)
- RedTail (*)
- Office 365 (required: mobile phone)
- Capsule (no restrictions)
- Smart Office (first name, last name, a mobile phone number)
- Wealth Box (a phone number)
* With Redtail, the initial list of contacts that we get from Redtail does not contain phone numbers or email addresses, forcing us to perform a second request to get this information, meaning that if you have 500 contacts we would have to make 501 requests against their servers to get all the data we require. Redtail has asked us to not do this, so we will not get the contacts email address and phone number until you actually try to use the contact (viewing the contacts details will get its data). This may cause scheduling sms messages from outlook to fail until the contact has been updated. We apologize for this inconvenience.
If you have imported contacts, but the contacts do not have mobile numbers, messages will fail to send to those contacts. If you have contacts without an email address, the outlook add-in integration will fail to be able to schedule a message to that contact. These are all usually easily remedied. MyRepChat will only be as good as the data that you provide to it.