The MyRepChat mobile app allows you to send the same/one message to multiple contacts; this is not like common mobile group texts in which all participants see each others calling number and responses.
If you send a group text message to a group of 50 contacts for example, the system will send 50 individual messages, one to each person in the group. This way, the people in the group cannot see who is in the group, nor their responses.
To create a group message do the following:
- From Contacts, click on 'Add a Contact or DL' at bottom.
- Tap on 'Add DL Manually'
- Name the distribution list at the top, and then type in the last name of the first group member, tap on them when they pull up, then start typing in the last name of the next group member and you'll see your list of members in that group start to grow!
- Don't forget to Save
To send a group message do the following:
- From Messages, click on the little pencil at bottom.
- Search for an existing group in MyRepChat, or search and pull over an existing group from your CRM--tap on the little funnel icon at the top right to choose the parameters of your search. VERY IMPORTANT.
- Once you've pulled up the group, tap on it
- The next screen is where you type your message and tap the little paper airplane to Send.
*Note: Some employers may decide to limit the size of a group message. Check with your administrator for any group size restrictions.