Integrating with SmartOffice CRM allows you to import your contacts into MyRepChat and allows MyRepChat to document SMS messages as notes into SmartOffice CRM under your customers profile.
See CRM Integrations for generic CRM integration features and behavior.
Smart Office is one of the CRM integrations we have that is best to get up from within Smart Office.
You are able to add MyRepChat as a integration within Smart Office by doing the following:
(Please note that these instructions are provided by Smart Office)
A SmartOffice administrator with the ability to assign licenses must enable the appropriate license for each SmartOffice user who will use the integration.
Sign in to SmartOffice Pro.
Do one of the following:
If you are setting up the integration for the user account your are currently signed in to, click the profile menu in the upper-right corner, and then select Profile & Settings .
If you are setting up the integration for another user account, select Setup > User Accounts on the SmartOffice side menu, and then search for the user account.
With the user account record open, click the User Rights content link.
In the Licenses column, under Integration, select MyRepChat.
Select Menu > Save.
After performing SmartOffice setup, follow the steps below to link your SmartOffice and MyRepChat accounts and import your contacts into MyRepChat. You can import an unlimited number of contacts (individually or by set). Any imported contacts that already exist in MyRepChat will be merged with the existing contacts.
In SmartOffice, select Integrations > MyRepChat from the side menu. The MyRepChat login page opens.
Enter your MyRepChat username and password, and then click the Login button.
As part of the import process, MyRepChat may ask you to provide a "token," but this is unnecessary; SmartOffice automatically enters that information for you.
Note: Make sure to turn on the Activate Notes option during the import process if you want to save a record of your text conversations in the SmartPad in SmartOffice.
Getting Contacts from Smart Office
- Once you are logged into MyRepChat, check to make sure the integration is enabled.
- Go to Account Settings (gear wheel in upper right). Choose 'Integration' tab.
- Pick Smart Office logo from down down.
- Smart Office has automatically added your token information for you.
- Click 'Test Connection' to verify the link has been established.
- You are now able to search and import contacts.
- If you toggle 'Activate Notes', your messages will be sent to SmartOffice.
If you have any other questions about the set up process the MyRepChat and Smart Office integration, please connect with Smart Office support.
If you have any questions about the functionality of MyRepChat, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As you might expect, each CRM is different for search behavior and may have limitations or 'gotchas'. This is the SmartOffice specific behavior:
- Name searches with no space search both the first or last name fields in SmartOffice.
- Name searches with a space will search the first name before the space and last name after the space.
- For phone number searching, SmartOffice requires an exact match, including punctuation and gives the ability (but does not require) phone numbers to be separated into country, area code, and number. Confirm your phone data is in one of these formats. Unless you're pretty consistent in how phone numbers are entered, we recommend searching using just the last 4 digits which will give the most consistent results. We currently search:
- Whole phone number in 'Number' field with '-' as punctuation
- Whole phone number n 'Number' field but with no punctuation (all numbers).
- Area code and number separated with the number field separated with '-' as punctuation.
- Area code and number separated with the number field separated but with no punctuation.
- We strip out and ignore any country code entered.
- MyRepChat group search will search SmartOffice Sets. It is a 'contains' search so any set that contains what you enter will be returned.