One of the many ways you can get your contacts imported into MyRepChat is by uploading a CSV file.
First, let's go over the CSV requirements:
The first line of the file must be a header with the identifiers for the fields in the file. The available fields for you to import into the database are:
- Source Id (Internal id in MyRepChat, you should not associate external ID fields with this)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Mobile (numbers only)
- Phone (numbers only)
- Tags (Separated with ‘|’)
- Source (If included MUST be one of the following: redtail, smartoffice, salesforce, hubspot, capsule, lessannoying, office, or wealthbox)
When importing, the import will evaluate each line one at a time, if it finds a match it will update the existing record with the data in the csv, if no match is found a new record will be created with the available data.
Now, lets learn how to upload your contacts:
1) Go to MyRepChat and from the Dashboard click on'Contacts'.
2) When you click this, you will see a list of any existing contacts on the left hand side. Click on 'Add Contact or Group' at the bottom:
3) Select "Import contacts and groups from CSV":
4) After you drop the file, the CSV file header is parsed, and the Contact Fields and the CSV fields will appear. Next you need to associate which Contact Fields are associated (linked) with which CSV fields. To do this, select one Contact Field, then select one CSV field (they will highlight green), and then select the link button in between the fields to form the link (the highlight will change to coral). Do this for each field from the CSV file that you want to associate with for the Contact.
After fields are linked, they will both highlight coral when you select them in either the Contact or CSV field boxes to indicate that they are associated. To un-associate them, simply click the link button again.
5) When you are finished associating fields, you can click the “Import” button to start the import. When the import is finished you will see a message indicating how many contacts were added and how many were updated appear in the lower left corner. If there is an error in the csv data, a message will indicate which line of the csv file has the error.
As soon as the import is complete you will see the imported/updated contacts in your contacts list. Close the dialog box when you are finished.
*(file MUST be text and have .csv extension, excel files with .xsl are not supported)
"ID" in our system is different from ID's provided by a CRM or database that you may have gotten your list from. Do not pair these fields.
"Tags" create groups in our system. You can create multiple groups by dividing items in the "Tag" column of your CSV with the "|" symbol.